Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SLC Trip

I took this picture with my phone and I thought that it turned out pretty cool. That is a flag pole in the way, but just ignore that....haha


This weekend the Young Women Presidency took our Young Women to Salt Lake for the day. It was really fun, but such a long day. We were supposed to leave at 6:30 a.m., but you know how most women roll, so we left around 7. We were afraid that we were going to have bad weather the whole day, but once we got past Malad, the clouds mostly cleared and we had blue Sky's most of the day. It was so much fun. We first stopped at "This is the place monument" and ate lunch, then we headed to temple square. We took a tour from some sweet sister missionaries. It was so fun, I haven't been there for so long. It was nice to see all of the sites around SLC. Then we toured the conference center. W-O-W....... that place is huge. The gardens on top are amazing. We then went to the Joseph Smith memorial building to use the rest room. I can't believe the beautiful art and intricate design. We then stopped at the Beehive house to take a tour. That was my favorite. I love old houses and all of the little things that give it character. Our last stop was the LDS museum of history and art. That was way cool, but the girls were so tired and complainey so we only toured a small part of the museum. It was amazing though. On the way back we stopped and stuffed ourselves silly at Golden Coral and hit the road. When we got to McCammon we reached the rain clouds again and it didn't let up the whole way home. It was so nice to get home. The girls are so sweet, but most of them haven't really been taught how to act in church buildings and sacred places. We kept having to tell them to stop rough-housing and stop texting. (This may sound dumb) I have a hard time with the whole texting thing. I think it is a waste of time.... why not call. Ok- I am off of my soap box now...... I really hope that they felt the spirit and will remember this experience for the rest of their lives.


This is in the conference center at the top looking down at the fountain and a cool star shaped glass thingy the reflects off of sky lights and mirrors. It was so pretty.



Here is the front of the conference center. They had the curtains under the choir seats taken down so we could see underneath the seats. It was pretty cool.

This is the view from the top of the conference center looking down. Holly Cow!! That place can hold 21,000 PEOPLE!!!


On the roof of the conference center I looked over and saw this house. I think it is the most beautiful house I have ever seen. It was so cool. I want it....hehehe.....


This is in the tabernacle. They have people just playing the organ all day. It was so cool. We wanted to stay and hear them drop the pin, but we didn't have time. Oh well. I can't believe that they used to have conference in here, it only seats about 375 people.

This is the meeting house or whatever it is called. It was so pretty inside and out.


We took a picture of the girls in front of the temple, but the only one that turned out that I did was where the girls looked away as I took it, but it is still cute.

I couldn't believe how pretty the ceiling and chandelier in the Joseph Smith memorial building was. The picture doesn't do it justice.

1 comments:

The Stewart said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Awesome pictures too!