Thursday, March 18, 2010

Greenbelt "fix"

I don't know what everyone has heard about "fixing" the Greenbelt by eliminating Memorial Drive and expanding the Greenbelt to "connect the east and west sides of Idaho Falls" but I think it is the biggest waste of money and space. There is an article in today's newspaper about the plans and it all involves charging the members of the community to park, parking meters or a trolley. I think this whole plan is wrong and stupid and I don't want my taxes to go toward paying for it. There is an e-mail address in the paper today that you can send comments or suggestions to and I think that their inbox should be flooded with protests. If you feel so inclined, send them an e-mail telling them how you feel, it is info@downtownidahofalls.com. Why do the city planners want to "fix" something by making it worse. There are currently 170 parking spaces along Memorial Drive and the plan they have now would build a parking lot that would only provide 75 free parking spaces. As you can probably tell, this isn't sitting well with me and if it doesn't sit well with you, send an e-mail. Sorry this is coming off as pushy and very opinionated, I just need to get my opinion out there so I can feel like I at least tried.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I totally agree! Don't fix it if it ain't broken! In case the commissioners have not noticed - we are in a DEPRESSION!! HELLO!!

They have a way of getting what they want, no matter whose tax dollars they use, but I will give my two cents worth, even if I don't live in Bonneville County. Thanks for the e-mail address.

It's good to voice your opinion! Thanks for telling it like it is! Love you.

Karen Beth said...

I read that article too and the first thing I thought was "Where am I going to park when I go downtown. I will have to ride a trolley." (I am a bit selfish). I am afraid the merchants downtown will loose a lot of business. I know I will be less likely to shop down there because of the parking. I am glad you voiced your opinion. I will too. Love you.