Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just wondering

I keep worrying about silly little things concerning pregnancy. I have several books, but some things are not in there, or I forget to look in them when I get home. They seem silly, but I still wonder.

One of my concerns... are poppy seed muffins okay? I don't want to drug my baby.

Another thing that I just wonder about is artificial sweeteners. I have read several different opinions, but I have heard that they are sometimes linked to autism.

Even though I am not very far along, I worry about the baby getting wrapped up in the umbilical cord. Is that something to worry about?

I also worry, since I can't feel anything or see a huge difference in my belly, if everthing is going okay. At the Dr. the first time, I thought that 4 weeks between appointments was a long time and now it seems even longer because I worry and want to know that everything is okay. Am I over thinking things? I would love to hear everyone's input, so don't hesitate to leave a comment.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Laura, you are so cute! I don't think you will get enough poppy seeds from a muffin to hurt you, so eat one for me too.

I'm not sold on artificial sweeteners, although I do drink diet soda, maybe one a day, or two . . . better use your own discretion, maybe moderation is best.

I don't think you have to worry about the baby getting wrapped up in the umbilical cord - you are just a concerned mommy, everything's ok.

I didn't show with Amber until I was almost 7 months along. Since this is your first baby, you probably won't start showing for a while. And, you are tall, which means you have more room for that little one to move around in - You will be glad you didn't show too soon by the time you are through! Hang in there and remember, no questions are silly. Love you

Hillman Family said...

It's ok to worry. But, I think Barbara has good advice. As long as you are eating healthy, a few treats/pop/etc. will be just fine. And, don't worry about the umbilical cord. It doesn't happen often. I have a few books that you are more than welcome to borrow. I have a couple that help after the baby is born, but I read them before my kids were born to help me prepare. My one note of advice: Remember that you are not 'eating for two' You do need a few extra calories, but they should be calories that contain vitamins and minerals-- not icecream and chocolate calories :) One month I gained 7 lbs with Syd b/c I ate so many DQ Blizzards!! Love you! Let me know if you need anything, I'm just a few houses away.

Purcellville said...

Congrats Laura! I am sooo excited for you! You will be such a great mommy! It is soo very rewarding! Well hang in there and good luck and remember KEEP POSTING UPDATES it is fun to look back at them!